Earlier this month, I talked about the upcoming release of Simone’s CC.NET Monitor Gadget for the Vista Sidebar. I’m very pleased to announce now that version 0.8 has been released. This release adds the following features:
- new tab style settings page
- ability to monitor more than one CC.NET dashboard
- possibility to choose which project to display for each server
- added a license page (which is the new BSD license, as stated in my copyright and licensing policy)
- added an icon at the bottom of both docked and undocked view with a global status: it’s green if all the projects are building correctly, it’s red if at least one of them is failing
- removed the strings with the current activity and replaced the sleeping text with that icon:
The next release will most likely feature automatic scrolling and a “force build” button.
If you are interested in seeing the source code or helping Simone on development, he has created a Google Code project which provides a source code repository, documentation, issue tracking system, and release downloads.
For those of use who don’t have Vista yet (thanks Simo!), or anyone who just wants to see it in action before installing, you can watch a short video showing how it works.
As always, this is turning in to an excellent replacement for CCTray on Vista.